Commercial Executive, Sales & Marketing
Shelbourne FC is one of Ireland’s largest and oldest League of Ireland football clubs, originally established in 1895. We have made great progress in our club development, both on and off the field, over recent years. We are now excited to be implementing a new and ambitious strategic plan which will take our performances to the next level.
To support this exciting strategy, we are now seeking an enthusiastic Commercial Executive to join our dynamic team. This role will contribute to the implementation of our growth plans, bringing new and innovative ways of marketing and revenue growth generation.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be an integral part of the next phase in Shelbourne’s development and will have an excellent opportunity to build significant experience and contacts in the sports industry within a fast-developing sports brand.
Whilst this is designated as full-time role, we are very interested in hearing from candidates seeking to utilise their strong career experience with more flexible working arrangements.
- Lead the delivery of specific revenue product lines campaigns, including but not limited to – ticketing, retail, local & national sponsorships and partnerships, government grants and equipment providers.
- Lead in the delivery of new commercial strategies and new commercial partnerships for each of the various sections within the club (men’s, women’s, and academy teams).
- Develop the size and quality of Shelbourne’s databases and implement good CRM practices.
- Assist with the implementation of e-commerce and e-marketing policies.
- Ensure high quality execution and consistency with our sponsors, licensees and retailers.
- Act as a day-to-day liaison with our ticketing provider and provide operational support to the ticketing function – including attending ticket sales events.
- Support the implementation of new commercial activities and assist in the sales of new Shelbourne FC products and services and annuity revenue streams.
- Assist the CEO in providing marketing and rights delivery support to club sponsors to ensure they receive the highest return possible on their investment.
- Develop the Shelbourne match day experience so that it is compelling, engaging and adds value to our fans, and optimizes all match-day related income streams.
- Support delivery of Shelbourne Community Outreach programmes by securing funding/sponsorship for various community initiatives and projects.
- Any other duties as nominated by the CEO or club board during the term.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience within marketing &/or commercial role managing similar activities outlined above. This role will suit those:
- Truly passionate about sports marketing, sponsorships, e-commerce and driving ticket sales.
- Inventive, ability to push boundaries and a forward-thinking mindset for this role.
- Commercially astute with the ability to quickly recognise and activate opportunities successfully.
- Quick thinking, with real ambition to make an impact on our changing business.
- Third level qualification or equivalent in Marketing, Business, or Sports Management fields
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years relevant experience.
- A keen interest in sports marketing and professional sports teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solution-orientated with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and deliver to deadlines, with ambition to take on more responsibility as the business evolves
- Resilient with a can-do attitude and strong initiative
- Availability to work match events during season
- Good level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Social Media tools
- League of Ireland knowledge an advantage but not essential.
- This role is suitable for candidates as a full-time role, and it may also be of interest to those with strong career experience who are interested in more flexible working arrangements
The base salary range for the position will be €25,000 – €30,000, with a highly competitive commission structure also in place for the role holder.
To apply: please forward your CV with a cover letter outlining the reasons you should be appointed to the post to email@example.com