Shelbourne FC, in partnership with the Liverpool Football Club Foundation are currently seeking applications for the role of Community Officer.
This full time position will be vital to the club’s community engagement strategy and Reds Together Programme.
The Shelbourne FC Community Officer will be responsible for leading and delivering high quality sport and education activities across a variety of school, club and community settings, at the same time identifying and driving new opportunities to support the further development of the Shelbourne FC ‘Reds Together’ Community Program.
Role: Community Officer
Commencement Date: February 2023
Duration: 1 year contract, Full Time, 35 hours per week (Flexible)
• Responsibility for the growth and development of the ‘Reds Together’ program across north Dublin by developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing community partner clubs, groups and schools.
• Engage with local primary schools to prospect and deliver the ‘Shels Primary Stars’ sport and education program, across a range of ages and abilities, ensuring all activities are delivered to the highest standards
• Liaise with schools to set session delivery plans and ensure that individual requirements are met in terms of planning and assessment.
• Responsibility for meeting performance targets and reporting on the impact and outcomes of all community events.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends where required.
• Support the Shelbourne FC/ DDLETB adult education program by providing opportunities for the students to participate in community events.
• Demonstrate commitment to Safeguarding by adhering to relevant policies, procedures and value relating to safeguarding children and adults at risk.
• Support the Club’s commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion,
• Develop, organise and deliver football camps during school holidays.
• Participate in the annual review of the program.
Key Skills & Experience
• FAI Kick Start/ PDP2 Qualification.
• Hold a valid Driving Licence and be flexible travelling to and from different schools/venues daily.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with sensitivity, efficiency and professionalism.
• Proven experience of working in a community environment and/or leading football camps or courses for children.
• Strong understanding of safeguarding and welfare, health and safety and equality principles, policies and procedures.
• Available to work flexibly (including evenings and weekends as and when required).
Deadline for receipt of Job Applications is Friday, 3 rd February 2023 at 5pm. Please complete the application form and return by email along with a digital copy of your CV to: email@example.com