Looking to gain experience in football or media? This might be the role for you…
A new volunteer opportunity has become available within the Media and Communications team at Shelbourne Football Club. This role encompasses both our SSE Airtricity League Premier Division and FAI Women’s National League teams.
We are looking to welcome a volunteer Social Media Assistant to the hard-working team of existing volunteers that are responsible for the management of Shelbourne FC’s official social and digital channels.
The ideal person will have an interest in one of the following areas: sports, media, communications, social media or digital. The Social Media Assistant will assist with the implementation of the Shelbourne FC social strategy and ensure the club’s tone of voice is consistent across all platforms.
In addition, the Social Media Assistant will support the delivery of match day content, including live updates on social, video content, match reports, newsletters, match programmes and podcasts to inform, entertain and engage the Shelbourne FC supporters.
The Social Media Assistant will ideally enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking, and flexible to the requirements of what is a voluntary position.
The role may be best suited to those who live local to Tolka Park, Drumcondra, Marino, Dublin Central, Glasnevin or the surrounding areas, or would be willing to travel on match days.
The role may be best suited to students, graduates or those looking to gain practical experience in media, digital and communications, with a view to forging a career in the media, sports or communication industries.
The following attributes are desirable but not all are essential:
- A keen interest in sports.
- Relevant third level course experience in media, digital, sports or communications.
- An interest in the League of Ireland or Shelbourne Football Club.
- Experience of working with audio, video and photo editing software on both Mac & PC (e.g. InDesign, Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition, Photoshop).
- Familiarity with TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and an understanding of social media and its role in content marketing and digital marketing.
- Available on most match days (including pre- & post-match and evenings) for both home and away games that may fall outside normal working / college hours.
If interested in the volunteer role, please send samples of work, if applicable, a CV or cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org