Shelbourne FC has today announced lifelong supporter John Brennan as its new Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO).
John is a native of Dorset St in Dublin and would be well known by many Reds supporters for his work with the club over the years.
He began following Shels as a child being brought to games by his father, PJ Brennan. A proud Ringsend man who instilled a love of the Reds into John from a young age.
From mascot, ball boy, groundsman, steward, organising away trips, and other odd jobs, John has been a dedicated volunteer for many years.
As part of his role, John will be serve for as a key link between the Club and its supporters and will focus on the following key areas during his tenure:
- To serve as a bridge between the club and supporters, while providing a two-way flow of information on key issues. The SLO will proactively engage with the fanbase on matters of strategic importance to both Shelbourne Football club and its supporters.
- The SLO will oversee and examine new structural ways of bringing further fan representation within the Club
- Gather feedback and suggestions regarding strategy around improvement of the match day experience at Tolka Park
- Play an active role in helping to advocate fan opinions and considerations in the development of club policy and processes.
- Play an active role in further developing the Independent Supporters Committee.
The Club would like to thank outgoing SLO Darren Cleary for his support in the role previously. Cleary left the position to take over as Head of Media and Communications following the departure of Gavin White to the FAI in July 2022.
Shelbourne FC Supporter Liaison Officer John Brennan said: “It’s a great honour to be appointed Supporter Liaison Officer of Shelbourne FC. I understand how essential it is to enhance and strengthen the connection between the club and our supporters, as Damien Duff said recently, without our supporters we are nothing.
“Shels fans are the heart and soul of this football club, it’s key that ongoing, open and consistent lines of communication between supporters and the club exist. I would like to sincerely thank the board of Shelbourne FC for the trust and faith they have placed in me.”
Photo Credit: Thomas Hartford